Immigration StatusHow to submit documents
to DC Health Link
Documents you may be able to use to verify your immigration status or that you are lawfully present include:
- Permanent resident card (I-551, also known as a “green card”)
- Temporary I-551 stamp (on passport or I-94, I-94A)
- Immigrant visa (with temporary I-551 language)
- Employment authorization card (EAD or I-766)
- Arrival/departure record (I-94 or I-94A)
- Arrival/departure record in foreign passport (I-94)
- Non-immigrant visa in a foreign passport
- Country of issuance reentry permit (I-327)
- Refugee travel document (I-571)
- Certificate of eligibility for nonimmigrant (F-1) student status (I-20)
- Certificate of eligibility for exchange visitor (J-1) status (DS2019)
- Notice of action (I-797)
You can also list these documents or statuses:
- Document indicating a member of a federally recognized American Indian Tribe or Alaska Native born in Canada. (This is considered an eligible immigration status for Medicaid, but not for a Qualified Health Plan [QHP])
- Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) eligibility letter (if under 18)
- Document indicating withholding of removal
- Administrative order staying removal issued by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Certification from the US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR)
- Documents indicating you are a Cuban/Haitian entrant
- Documents indicating you are a resident of American Samoa
There are 3 ways for you to submit the documents we need to make a final decision on your eligibility:
Login to your account at dchealthlink.com. You can upload scanned copies of the documents directly to your account.
By US Mail
Department of Human Services
Economic Security Administration
Case Record Management Unit
P.O. Box 91560
Washington, DC 20090
All other applications
DC Health Link
Exchange Contact Center
PO Box 44018
Washington, DC 20026
Be sure to write your DC Health Link ID on each of the documents.
Bring the document(s) to any Economic Security Administration Office for help. Find a location near you.
Which documents do I need to submit?
We need documents for each person listed in the notice you received. Please scan or make a copy of the document you send to us. Do not give us the original.
Still have questions?
Call DC Health Link at (855) 532-5465.