Household IncomeHow to submit documents
to DC Health Link
Documents you can use to verify your income include:
- Copies of your most recent paystubs. If you think this income will change over the year, we also need an explanation in writing of the change;
- A copy of your most recent tax filing, if you don’t expect a change from last year’s income;
- If you’re employed but don’t receive pay stubs, you will need to provide a letter from your employer on letterhead. If you can’t provide a letter from your employer, a copy of the form of payment, such as a check, may be acceptable;
- A termination letter from your former employer, if you recently became unemployed and don’t receive unemployment insurance;
- A severance letter, if your former employer provided you a severance package upon separation;
- Award letters, such as:
- Unemployment Compensation
- Civil Service Retirement Compensation
- Social Security
- Railroad Retirement Benefits
- Documentation of any other income;
- Example: For interest, dividends, or annuities, provide documentation from the institution where you have these accounts/resources.
- Example: If a family member or friend gives you money regularly to help you pay your expenses, provide a letter from that person and include their contact information.
- If you have no income, a signed and dated letter from you saying you don't have income;
- Documentation of any adjustments to income that you intend to take on your federal tax return.
- Examples: Alimony payments, self-employed health insurance payments, health savings account deductions, and moving expenses.
There are 3 ways for you to submit the documents we need to make a final decision on your application:
By US Mail
Department of Human Services
Economic Security Administration
Case Record Management Unit
P.O. Box 91560
Washington, DC 20090
All other applications
DC Health Link
Exchange Contact Center
PO Box 44018
Washington, DC 20026
Be sure to write your DC Health Link ID on each of the documents.
Bring the document(s) to any Economic Security Administration Office for help. Find a location near you.
Which documents do I need to submit?
We need documents for each person listed in the notice you received. Please scan or make a copy of the documents you send to us. Do not give us originals.
Still have questions?
Call DC Health Link at (855) 532-5465 / TTY: 711.