DC ResidencyHow to submit documents
to DC Health Link
Documents that prove someone is a DC resident can include any of the following that is in the person’s name:
- A copy of an active lease agreement, certified deed, or mortgage statement with DC address
- A phone or utility bill from within the past two months
- DC voter registration card
- A valid District of Columbia motor vehicle registration or DC DMV identification card
- Cancelled checks or receipts for mortgage or rental payments on a residential property within the past 2 months
- Utility bills with a DC address, and payment receipts within the past 2 months
- Proof of automobile insurance showing the person’s DC residency address
- A signed DC Department of Motor Vehicles proof of residency form from another District resident stating that the applicant lives at their address in the District
- Self-attestation of residency without paper documentation in exceptional circumstances, including homelessness and in cases of domestic violence
There are 3 ways for you to submit the documents we need to make a final decision on your eligibility:
Login to your account at dchealthlink.com. You can upload scanned copies of the documents directly to your account.
By US Mail
Department of Human Services
Economic Security Administration
Case Record Management Unit
P.O. Box 91560
Washington, DC 20090
All other applications
DC Health Link
Exchange Contact Center
PO Box 44018
Washington, DC 20026
Be sure to write your DC Health Link ID on each of the documents.
Bring the document(s) to any Economic Security Administration Office for help. Find a location near you.
Which documents do I need to submit?
We need documents for each person listed in the notice you received. Please scan or make a copy of the document you send to us. Do not give us the original.
Still have questions?
Call DC Health Link at (855) 532-5465.