Which small businesses are eligible to get health coverage through DC Health Link?
Small businesses that meet all of the following four criteria are eligible to purchase insurance coverage through DC Health Link:
- Valid federal tax identification number (EIN).
- 1-50 full-time equivalent employees (FTEs), not including owner(s).
- Offer coverage, at a minimum, to all full-time employees working at least 30 hours per week.
- Principal business address in the District of Columbia and will offer coverage to all full-time employees; or
- Will offer coverage to all full-time employees whose primary workplace is located in the District.
While self-employed individuals and sole proprietors are not eligible to purchase coverage as a business, they can purchase Individual & Family health insurance coverage through DC Health Link.