Shop and Save with Standard Plans
Many DC Health Link Individual & Family plans are designed to make shopping easier and health care more affordable. These plans are called standard plans.
Standard plans help you in 2 ways:
Covering Services Before You Meet Your Deductible
Deductibles can be a struggle. DC Health Link’s standard plans make it easier to get essential medical care when you need it. Standard plans cover essential in-network services without you having to meet the deductible first. These services include:
- Primary care
- Specialist visits
- Generic drugs
- Urgent care
- Outpatient mental and behavior health
- Outpatient substance abuse treatment
Standard plans cover other services after you meet the deductible.
New! Starting in 2023, standard plans will cover Type 2 Diabetes with zero cost sharing. These services will be covered with no deductible, no co-insurance, and no co-payment when provided to a patient with a primary diagnosis of type 2 diabetes. Zero cost sharing services for type 2 diabetes treatment include:
- Unlimited Primary Care visits
- 1 dilated retinal exam per year
- 1 diabetic foot exam per year
- Unlimited nutritional counseling visits
- 1 lipid panel test per year
- 2 hemoglobin A1C test per year
- 1 Microalbumin urine test or nephrology visit per year
- 1 basic metabolic panel per year
- 1 liver function test per year
- A select list of diabetes supplies and medications, including insulin, within the diabetic agent drug class.
Please use our Plan Match tool to check which prescription drugs are covered with no cost-sharing for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
If you need other services related to Type 2 Diabetes, they are covered but cost sharing applies. Check your plan documents for a complete list of services, items, and prescription medications covered.